24 January 2010

Don't say I didn't warn 'ya

Ruth's earnest concern about Citizens United leaves me shaking my head.

For some time now I've been the guy standing on the street-corner yelling at cars - you know, the one you cross the street to avoid - about the danger to democracy that is Justice Scalia. Here's another example. And another. There are others - I confess I do obsess.

Thanks to Dubbya, in addition to the incredibly useless Clarence Thomas, Scalia now has more like-minded brethren on the Court, and only now other people are finally staring to throw hissy-fits.

Well, it's a little late, damn it, but as I seem to have been ahead of the curve on this all along, I guess I'll be the first to start shouting "impeach the bastards" at the cars.

More seriously, it is an option - which looks to be increasingly likely I think.

No comments: